Devotion Nutrition- No-Bake Protein Cookie Dough Cake Balls
- ½ C nut butter
- ¼ tsp sea salt (if using no salt nut butter)
- 3 TBSP pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 40g (about ⅓ C) Devotion Angle Food Cake protein powder supplement
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2-4 FlexFlavors of your choice
- Optional: Sugar-free white chocolate chips for dipping and sprinkles for rolling
- Add nut butter, pure maple syrup or honey, vanilla and almond extract to a medium bowl. Mix with a spatula until well combined and smooth.
- Next sift together all dry ingredients, or mix well until combined (making sure there are no clumps) and a dough begins to form. If dough is too wet, add a little more flour or protein.
- Use a medium cookie scoop or damp hands to grab dough and then roll into balls. You should get about 8 balls. If desired, you can melt sugar-free chocolate chips (in 30 second increments) and dip then roll each ball into sprinkles. Place energy bites on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Once they’ve hardened a bit, you can transfer to an airtight container and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Balls can be enjoyed straight from the freezer. If they are too hard, let them sit at room temp for 5-10 minutes.
To store: keep these energy bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. If you’re eating them straight from the freezer I’d recommend letting them soften up for about 5-10 minutes in the fridge or at room temp before doing so. I prefer the texture of these when they are stored in the freezer!
What Are Flex Flavors
FlexFlavors® were invented in 2015 by Dana Lynn Kaye with the intention to create a product that tasted like delicious desserts but without the extra calories or sugar.
What are Flex Flavors?
At their most basic, Flex Flavors are flavored stevia packets. They contain zero calories and zero sugar. There have been 23 Flex Flavors made, although not all are currently available. Flex Flavors will add a mouth-watering flavor and a bit of sweetness to anything they are added to. They can be sprinkled on a wide variety of foods and drinks including:
Who are Flex Flavors for?
Flex Flavors are specifically for those who want to cut sugar from their diet. This includes bodybuilders, fitness, physique, and figure competitors who are on a contest prep diet. It also includes those following a Weight Watchers diet. Flex Flavors have zero smart points, so they are perfect for satisfying that sweet tooth without adding any extra smart points. Many diabetics are also very enthusiastic about Flex Flavors for the obvious fact that they do not increase blood sugar levels. Lastly, low carb and ketogenic dieters have fallen in love with Flex Flavors as they can enjoy their favorite desserts without the carbohydrates or sugar.