Best Cauliflower Crust Margherita Pizza
TOTAL TIME-40 MINUTES
CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST RECIPE
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME 35 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 40 MINUTES
- Set oven to 400F.
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and blend until it becomes grainy, like grits or couscous. IMPORTANT: Add the riced cauliflower to a glass bowl or microwaveable safe bowl and “cook” for 2-3 minutes to steam it.
- Let the rice cool down enough to handle then dump it on a cheesecloth or a heavy duty paper towel. Wrap up the rice and squeeze out the water. Pre-steaming the cauliflower allows you to squeeze out much MORE water – this is the trick to having a malleable and/or thick crust.
- Add the squeezed rice to a DRY bowl, then add the remaining ingredients. The dough should not be watery but it will be wet. If it is watery, then add equal tablespoons of almond flour and parmesan.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper then add the dough. Form the pizza in a circle, oval, rectangle – whatever! It’ll be edible in any shape. Just make sure you do not make it too thin, otherwise it will break apart once the toppings are added.
- Bake in the oven for 17 – 20 minutes, until the edges are golden brown, not burned. Let the crust cool for 5 – 7 minutes, ideally on a cooling rack, before adding the toppings.
- Either replace the parchment paper OR place the pizza crust directly on the baking tray. Add the toppings, then bake again for 7 – 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and turned slightly golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes, slice it up and enjoy!